I read Proverbs 24 this morning and focused especially on these verses:
(30) I passed by the field of a sluggard, by the vineyard of a man lacking sense,
(31) and behold, it was all overgrown with thorns; the ground was covered with nettles, and its stone wall was broken down.
(32) Then I saw and considered it; I looked and received instruction.
(33) A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest,
(34) and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.
How true that a little sleep and a little slumber can creep into our daily walk and cause us to drift away from God. A little less Bible reading, a little less time in prayer and pretty soon your Christian life is filled with thorns instead of vines. We become less vigilant, and our “stone wall is broken down”.
Let us resolve to be vigilant and to keep watch for the enemy. He will lull us into a false sense of security, and we are left to deal with the thorns.